Finger paint is always fun for toddlers. If your LO is in the phase where everything goes in the mouth this is the go to recipe 👍🏼 and its so easy to make.. It does not stain clothes – washes off easily.. And also easy to clean from the carpet. Its a little thicker than the store bought one so its not great if you want to paint a picture but works well for finger painting.. Messy little hands but so much fun.. 😀
What you need
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup or All purporse flour – 1 cup ( i used cornflour)
- Sugar – 4tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Cold Water – 3 cups
- Mix the cornflour/ All purpose flour, salt and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add water to it and mix well. Whisk until smooth.
- In medium heat, keep stirring until the mixture is smooth & thick.(Note – the mixture will thicken more while you let it cool)
- Now pour the mixture into plastic cups and add desired food coloring into each cup. ( I added approx. 10 drops of food color to each cup)
- Let it cool before you start painting.
You can also let infants play with it – introducing sensory play. Just add some paint to a ziploc bag and tape the sides to the high chair so that it does not open. 🎯