Its that time of the year! The hot days are here… If your looking for ways to keep your LOs occupied outside this homemade sidewalk paint is your go to recipe. Its very easy to make and can be made using just 3 ingredients. You can make some on a sunny day and keep your kids busy atleast for an hour. Let them color in your driveway, sidewalk or patio. This washes off very easily and absolutely no staining… (Mommy win 👍) Now let the lil ones get creative! 😀
What you need
- 1/2 cup Cornflour/ Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Water
- Food color ( you could also use tempera paint powder)
- Mix the cornflour and water until smooth.
- Add desired food color to the mixture. You might have to add atleast 10 drops of food color to make bright colors. If using tempera paint powder add 1-2 tbsp and mix well.
- Pour the contents to a squeeze bottle or a cup and add some brushes start painting! 😀
Squeeze bottles are good for toddlers and preschoolers – helps them build their fine motor skills – Some strengthening which comes handy when they squeeze their toothpaste, body wash, shampoo…. We started off with squeeze bottles but later poured the contents to a cup and started painting using brush.
The cornflour/cornstarch might settle as the paint sits for a long time, so give it a stir or simply shake up your squeeze bottle.