Whether its beating the summer heat or embracing the winter cold, painting with ice is such a fun & cute idea… Its a colourful, sensory & art activity that’s taste safe for babies, toddlers & preschoolers.. Kids will have a ball with this unique experience creating their own masterpiece.. 😀
What you need
- Ice cube tray
- Food color
- Craft sticks/ wooden ice cream sticks ( optional)
- Take an ice cube tray and add desired food colouring to each cube. (About 7 drops)
- Fill the cube with water to the top & freeze for about 30 mins ( or until the water starts to freeze)
- Now place the craft sticks – it should stand upright by itself.
- Freeze them overnight.
Ice cube painting gets as messy as it can.. So if the weather is hot you could take this outside, if not you could use a tray.. Also use thick papers ( We used finger paint sheets from dollar store – worked very well 👍)
- Self-expression with paint
- Eye and hand coordination
- Fine motor development
- Experimenting and exploring with a new paint tool
- Sense of achievement and pride