Pom poms are so much fun. Kids love it. The texture, the colors, just everything about it. So why not put it into some learning activities to make it more fun.. Today we will be using pom poms for learning colors.
What you need
- Pom pom – different colors
- Coloured Cups or Muffin pans (if you dont have matching colors you could just name them)
- Kitchen tools – for transferring
- Transfer the pompoms onto a bowl.
- Let your LOs use the kitchen tools to transfer the pompoms from the bowl to the cups sorting by the colors.
- You could ask them to name each color as they do it.
My LOs favorite kitchen tool was tongs. They really enjoyed this activity alot. Kept them busy for about 30 minutes and then used it for our imaginary play. 😀 This activity also helps to work on their sensory & fine motor skills.