My LOs love playing with pom poms. Well, who doesnt.. There are so many simple, fun ways to play with pom poms. This is a cute hands-on activity to teach kids how to sort by size with a fun fine motor twist!
What you need
- Plates or Container
- Pom Pom
- Kichen Tools – for transferring the pom poms
- Label plates or clear containers with the words “Small, Medium and Large.”
- Place out the pom poms and let your LOs sort the pom poms into the labelled containers.
- Talk about the different colors as they sort.
- To add a fun fine motor component, ask them to do the sorting and transferring using tongs or large tweezers.
My LOs loved using the tongs. Had difficulty handling it intially, but got hold of it along the way. 😀