Ever since we did the toilet paper roll butterfly craft my LOs kept asking for more butterflies to put it in our lil herb garden. This time we wanted to try something different.
This is a very simple craft – Your LOs could do it. 😀 I just love the way it turned out. The butterflies look so cute & lovely.. (dont you think?)
What you need
- 1 Clothespin
- 4 Cupcake Liners
- 1 pair Googly eyes (optional)
- Pipe cleaners
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Flaten the cupcake liners. If your using plain ones, let your kids color/draw on them. We used the printed ones. You could also mix and match 2 different prints.
- To make the Upper wings – Fold the cupcake liner into half, again fold into half. Repeat this step with one more cupcake liner.
- Glue the pointed ends together so it looks like a bow tie. – set 1
- To make the Lower wings – Fold the cupcake liner into half, again fold it into half, again fold it into half. Repeat with one more liner.
- Glue the pointed ends together so it looks like a bow tie. – set 2
- Now glue set 1 & set2 together. Let it dry.
- Colour the clothespin with acrylic paint of your choice & let it dry. You could also apply some glue and add glitter to it or just leave it plain. Either ways it looks cute.
- Now, insert the wings to the clothespin.
- Stick googly eyes and draw a smiley. You can also draw eyes using markers.
- Cut the pipecleaners to make antennas and stick them onto the clothespin or just tie them to it. You can also use strings to make these.
Your butterfly is now ready for display. You can put them in your flower pots, your garden or just anywhere to add a cute summer vibe 😀