This cosmic glue suncatchers is an enticing project. Its super easy & fun to make. Quick & cool summer project for kids. Just takes about 5 mins to make (excluding the drying time). Kids will have fun making it & will enjoy it more when you hang it up. 😀 For younger kids, using the toothpick to swirl helps develop their fine motor skills.
What you need
- White Glue
- Food coloring/ liquid watercolors
- Glitters (optional)
- Plastic plates (you could also use plastic lids- yoghurt tub lids or pringles lid or just any platic lid)
- Hole punch
- Pour the glue into the plastic plate/lid and squish around the entire inner surface.
- Put drops of different food colors Or Watercolors on the glue. – we used food colors
- Use a toothpick and swirl around.
- Lightly sprinkle glitter over it – optional. I loved this part.
- Let the glue dry until its completely solid. Usually takes about 2-3 days depending on the amount of glue used.
- The edges will start to peel off the plate/lid when its ready.
- Peel off the glue & punch a small hole in the suncatcher. You could also use scissors to make a hole.
- Insert the string into the hole & hang it in a sunny spot. 😀
You could also use clear glue to make these. Add on some colored glass gems onto it and let it dry. It will look amazing.
We are waiting for our suncatchers to dry. Will update the pics once its done 👍