My LOs enjoyed the Pom Pom Ball Drop activity, so we tried a similar one with popsicle sticks. This activity challenges your toddler / preschooler in various levels – grasp patterns, hand-eye coordination, color matching, and concentration.
What you need
- Plastic container with lid – we reused our yoghurt tub.
- Colored Craftsticks/Popsicle sticks
- Permanent Markers
- Make small slits on the lid. Big enough to push the popsicle sticks.
- Use permanent markers and color around the slits – matching the color of the craftstick.
- Close the container with the lid, and let your LO drop the craftstick in the matching slits.
If you have neutral craftsticks, just use acrylic paint or markers to color the tip of it or if your LO is not ready for color matching just make one slit on the lid and they can push the craftsticks through it. You could also do this activity with pipecleaners or straws.
As for my LOs, Miss D(22 months) has just started to practice her color matching and got a few right. But otherwise she really enjoyed pushing the craftsticks through.. She repeated it almost 4 times. Miss A(almsot 3yrs) did it with ease. We’ve been having so much fun with our busy bags lately & this is one of Miss Ds favourites. Comes handy when mommy is doing the dishes👍