Velcro Craftsticks is a simple & inexpensive Diy I came across on Pinterest. It takes less than 10 mins to set up and keeps your LOs busy for a while.. Also a creative way to learn shapes, numbers, colors, alphabets & patterns..
What you need
- Jumbo Colored Craftsticks
- Velcro dot stickers
- Each velcro pair is made of a fuzzy side and a rough side. For one craftstick you will need two pairs of velcro dots.
- Take a craftstick and stick the fuzzy side of the velcro dots on the both the ends.
- Turn the craftstick over and stick the rough side of the velcro dots on both the ends.
- Repeat this for as many craftsticks you want.
- Your craftsticks are now ready to play with. Let your kids unleash their creativity.
If you dont have the jumbo craftsticks, you could use regular ones- just cut your velcro dots into two. We tried it, but my LOs found the jumbo sticks more inviting. You could also use plain craftsticks – kids can color/paint them, let it dry before sticking the velcro dots. (Extended fun)👍
You could also make some printables(laminate them for reuse) and let your kids recreate them. Put them all in a ziploc bag or your favourite box and your activity bag(busy bag) is ready to go. Use them when you travel, at doctors office waiting room, restaurants, grandmas or just some quiet time at home.. 😀