Foam Dough is an awesome sensory dough – super easy to make and super fun to play with. Its somewhere between PlayDough & Cloud Dough/Moon Sand. It feels soft, fluffy and light. Kids of all ages will enjoy it. If you have older kids, let them mix the dough.. They will love it – really fun & messy 😀
What you need
- 1 cup Corn starch/Corn Flour
- 1.5 cup Shaving cream
- 6 drops of Food color (optional)
- Mix corn flour, shaving cream & few drops of food color in a bowl. Squish the mixture & knead well until it forms a moldable dough.Theres no right way to measure shaving cream. You might just have to eyeball it.
- If the dough is too dry – Add more shaving cream.
- If the dough is too sticky – Add more corn starch.
- It gets your hands messy when kneading. But washes off easily. Plus the shaving cream smells so good and feels really soft on hands.
Miss A(almost 3yrs) & Miss D(22 months) had so much fun playing with it. The dough is soft and moldable – worked great with our cookie cutters & other playdough cutters. It can also be crumbled. Miss D liked to make shapes and squishing the dough while Miss A liked it crumbly.
After abt an hour of play the texture becomes exactly like moon sand/ cloud dough.You can play as is or just add more shaving cream and knead. My LOs liked the moon sand/cloud dough texture and played with it as is, until everything was on the carpet and cant be played with anymore.😂 Since we used blue food color, the dough turned out to be icy blue.. I liked the icy blue moon sand idea – Looks cool! Although next time we will take it to our sand table.. (Lesson learnt 😉)
Storage – Wrap the dough in plastic and it stays good for upto 2 weeks. If you let it dry it becomes powdery – you can use it for sand art projects👍