What you need
- Colored pasta shells – Click here to learn how to color pasta
- White paper
- Brown Marker
- Draw the outline of a tree on a white paper using marker.
- Use brown markers or brown paint to color the tree.
- You could also cut out the tree on a brown construction paper and stick it on the white paper.
- Glue the colored pasta shells on to tree. (You could also paint pasta, let them dry & glue them to the tree)
- Frame your art and display.
Miss A(3yrs) was not home when i did this. When she was back she saw the new poster on the wall and asked me what it was. I explained to her about fall and that it represents fall tree. She loved the idea and wanted to do one by herself. So i drew the tree outline and showed her how to apply glue and stick the pasta. She picked it up right away. She did squeeze too much glue out. But used her hands to take some and apply it on different areas. Thanks to washable glue – the clean up was easy😀 Miss D(23 months) got excited looking at what her sister was doing and she joined her in sticking few pastas. However she got a little upset because, I didn’t let her handle the glue.
Older kids can do this project all by themselves. Let them look out the window to observe how a tree is. Talk about how it is, shape, leaves, branches. Relate the pasta to the leaves and then let them apply glue and stick the colored pasta shells. Learning made fun 👍