Its officially the month of Christmas and we simply love this season of the year. Its so colorful and festive. My LOs are very much excited about Christmas this year and it been almost 2 weeks since we put up our tree 🎄(early? not so much 😉) & have been listening to Christmas songs. My LOs fav picks this year – Must be Santa, Santa Claus is coming to town, Dashing through the snow, We wish you a Merry Christmas 😀
Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree is a classic craft which you would have come across alot. It’s simple, fun and makes a really cute ornament to your christmas tree. Theres no way you could go wrong about it.👍
What you need
- Colored Craftstick – 3 (or paint your plain craftsticks)
- Foam Glitter Star (or cut star shape from a glitter paper or construction paper)
- To decorate – Glitter Pipecleaners, Jingle bells ( you could use glitters, sequins, pompoms, rhinestones, buttons, ribbons – just anything your heart desires)
- Trunk – plain jumbo popsicle stick or cut brown construction paper to make a trunk.
- A piece of twine to hang the ornament
- Cut approximately 1″ off one of the craftsticks using a craft knife or utility knife to make the bottom of the tree. (Optional)
- Glue one end of the full length craftsticks together sandwiching the twine between them.
- Glue the other ends to the trimmed craftstick to make a tree.
- Cut one end of the plain jumbo popsicle stick to make the trunk. Glue it to the tree.
- Glue the star to the top of the tree.
- Now decorate as you wish. I wrapped glitter pipecleaners around the craftstick for one and zigzagged glitter pipecleaners like garland onto another and glued some jingle bells.
- Your ornament is ready for display. I really enjoyed making it and it looks sooper cute (don’t you think so 😀)