What you need
- Construction Paper (White, Green, Yellow, Brown)
- Cut out triangles from green construction paper to form the tree. To match the number of letters in your kids name.
- Write the name on the triangles using markers. (One letter per traingle)
- Cut out a small rectangle from the brown paper for the trunk.
- Now let your LOs stick the triangles & trunk onto a white paper using glue. ( in order – to form their name tree)
- Cut out star shape from yellow paper and stick it on top and your tree is ready. You could also draw a star using markers.
- Extend the activity – Laminate the finished piece (for reuse). Write down the letters to form their name on the round labels. Let them match the labels to the tree.
Miss A(3 yrs) & Miss D(2 yrs) were so excited to make their own name tree. They enjoyed it more when i laminated it and gave them the labels to match the letters. Miss D took us by surprise by matching it perectly. Miss A did it like a pro. She spelled out each letter as she did it. We also revised our shapes (triangle, rectangle, star & circle)👍 I left it in their shelf last week with some labels and they did it over and over again. 😀