Its always fun to decorate gingerbread houses. Every kid loves it. This simple diy Cardboard gingerbread house lets your LOs decorate their own gingerbread house over and over again. Its so fun & festive. 😀
What you need
- One Empty Cereal Box
- Hot Glue
- Velcro Strips and dots
- To decorate – Mini Ornaments, pipecleaner candycane, felt santahat & felt stockings, bows, Foam star stickers (all from dollar store)
- Make a house using the cereal box. Each cereal box provides enough cardboard to make one gingerbread house.
- I’m a rookie when it comes to this part. Here’s what i did. Open the box and make it flat. Cut a big part of the box and fold the sides make a base and two side walls. Then measure & cut other two sides and roof from the remaining. Hot glue everything and it holds pretty well.
- Trust me, You can do a better job than me. 😀
- Cut and stick the self adhesive velcro strips (hook side) on the cardboard house. It works great to stick felt pieces directly on it.
- Stick the fuzzy side of the velcro dots on the mini ornaments and pipeclener candycane.
- I hot glued the foam star stickers and bows on the house, so that it stays put.
- Invite your kids to decorate the gingerbread house.
Miss A(3 yrs) & Miss D(2 yrs) enjoyed decorating their gingerbread house and i loved to watch them do it. 😀 They dont spend much time on it though. May be 20 mins or so each time, but they play with it often.