Recently I created a word wall in my kids playroom. Word wall helps kids learn the Names of letters – letter recognition, ABC Order and Letter Sound.
Follow us on Facebook
What we used:
- Alphabet borders
- Alphabet flash cards
- Painters tape
- Sticky Velcro dots
- Stick the alphabet borders on the wall at the eye level of kids.
- Stick the velcro dots on the alphabet border under each letter.
- Stick the other side of the velcro dots on the flash cards.
- Let the kids match the flash cards to the corresponding letters. We will be adding more words to our word wall.
- You can also write the new words on cardstock or construction paper and use double sided tape to stick it.
How to use word wall:
- As kids use the word wall, they are building their vocabulary. Its a great way to learn sight words.
- Every time a new word is introduced, find opportunities to use it throughout the day.
- Encourage kids to use the new word in a sentence.
- Let the kids say the new word and put it under the corresponding letter that it starts with. Eg – Egg under the letter E.
- I found that, if you add your kids name to the word wall, it makes it more fun & interesting for them everytime they see it.