Happy Birthday to Us!! Its been one year since this blog Diyunlimitedfun was created – one year since the first post. We celebrated it by making Birthday Cake Cloud Dough. Its an ultimate sensory play for your LOs. You can make these around your kids birthday or even set it up on a sensory table for their outdoor birthday party or just play with it anytime around the year 😀
Follow us on Facebook
What you need
- 8 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup baby oil or vegetable oil
- In a bin add all purpose flour & oil and mix well – the texture will be crumbly but mouldable.
- We used baby oil – it smells really good. If your LO still puts things in the mouth, you can use vegetable oil instead.
- You could also add some vanilla essence for birthday cake smell.
- Add sprinkles, cupcake molds, candles, spoons, scoops etc. for your kids to play with.
Miss A(3.5 yrs) & Miss D(2.5 yrs) had a lot of fun playing with this. They loved making cupcakes & cakes, enjoyed baking them in their toy microwave. They decorated their cake with sprinkles and put candles on it. We even sang happy birthday to all their toy friends. 😀 They liked to feel the cloud dough with their hands, tried to mould it, crumble it, lots of filling and dumping. This kept them busy for more than an hour.
- Its a fun but messy play. Use a sheet to contain the mess – it is easy to clean with vaccum cleaner. Or you could take it outside.
- Store the cloud dough in an airtight container or ziploc – it stays good for a long time if it doesn’t get wet.